I don’t normally do this….but since I refrained all year last year from participating, I decided this year I would do this ONE and ONLY meme. For Susan at Forever His—because she is so sweet to me and always encourages me. So blame her if you came here looking for something else today and was disappointed with me.
I didn’t realize that meme’s had rules…but they do.
The rules for this meme are:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you. (check)
(2) Post the rules on your blog. (check)
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (check)
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (check) (yes I realize I went over….but it’s Saturday…and it’s raining….and I have been wanting to have a cup of coffee with each of these girls!
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. (check)
Okay….my six non-important things/habit/quirks….hmmmm let me see…there are so many non-importants here….and I am very quirky….got lot’s of habits too….which to list….
1) I hate touching elevator buttons and buggies at stores—and so I keep anit-bactierial “wet ones” in my truck and in my purse. Okay, so I drive an SUV, but I call it a truck. I am a truck kind of girl.
2) I have a big box of pictures/scrapbook stuff under the bed in the boys room that I promise my self I will do….and still haven’t. I have completed one (1) scrapbook. It was for the first grandson. I have 3 more to do. It’s just something I save until I have nothing else to do. There is ALWAYS something else to do.
3) I don’t like clutter, but I love stuff. (That really doesn’t make sense.) I love books. I have shelves and shelves in my miniscule library stuffed with books. (My honey told me just this morning that my recent purchases from “Lifeway Christian Supply” really could have waited. He’s right. I just didn’t think so at the time.)
4) I live in the panhandle of Florida. But ALWAYS wanted to spend a winter season where it snowed. ALOT. But my idea of the perfect winter is, plenty of food stocked….firewood for the fireplace that is gigantic (my idea remember?) lots of books and Bibles stacked up on shelves, all my favorite CD’s to listen to and some really good “old” movies, lots of hot chocolate, coffee, sweets when necessary, cozy quilts to cuddle by the gigantic fireplace, a few outdoor activties to feel the brisk cold and to remind me that I am alive—all tucked in a big cabin on a lake in the mountains….–plus—a Barnes and Noble, TJ Maxx, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Publix and Lowes’ nestled at the bottom of the mountain for the days when I have cabin fever. Not that I would know what cabin fever felt like…but at least it’d be there if I had symptoms.
5) I sing loud when I’m alone. I used to sing in our home church choir. Things are not the same in these passing years I have no desire nor inclination to sing in front of anyone. I sing to the Lord alone, LOUD, in my truck on the way to work. Many times I sing when Jeff’s with me. Not quite as loud. Not sure if he would appreciate it as much as Jesus does.
6) I have a bit of temper at times. Shocked you didn’t I? Well, we’ve all got something. Sometimes I speak before I think. I try hard not to. But sometimes it just comes flyin’ out. Sometimes it’s a blisterin’ (as my mother used to refer to a spanking—“Angie, I am going to blister you rear end!”) She did. I always apologize when I feel the Lord speak to me. Once—I tell you the truth…I blistered an ex-boyfriend of Tiffany’s. He was an ex and wouldn’t accept it. She was of driving age and had our car…and came flying in the drive way…with him right behind her….She ran in the house —covered in fear—well you know what this hundred and ahem pound mama did….you got that right. If I would have had a shot gun…his britches would be full of lead—-lucky for him I didn’t. Lucky for me too. I was full of mama-rage. Mama-rage and protecting her children is a dangerous thing. Anyway, I did the next best thing. I tore him up verbally. The apology came a few years later when the Lord crossed our paths in an odd situation. I knew it was God. The minute I saw him the Lord spoke clear to my heart….
“Do You really think it’s necessary Lord? He may not even remember.”
“But you do. Now, apologize.”
“Yes Lord.” And I did. I truly was sorry.
So there you have it! 6 weird things about me. Not important things. See, the sin has been covered by the blood of the Lamb! And the mountain winter…..it could happen….if I had a kzillion dollars….and could stand being away from my grandchildren that long….which I couldn’t…so I take that back….it probably won’t happen.
Now for my six victims! Yes—-girls….go back and look at Susan’s…she added cute pictures…I didn’t have time to. Hers was really neat.
My picks are:
Lynn and Dineen at Spiritually Unequal Marriage
Sorry for going overboard….but I couldn’t help myself!