Colossians 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
I am absolutely overflowing with thankfulness in my heart for what God has blessed me with. I am not overflowing with money, but I have never gone hungry. I am not overflowing with class and style, yet I get by. I am not overflowing with brain power, but I have enough sense to get in out of the rain!
What I am overflowing with, is this:
1) Family….beautiful family from the inside out. That means they (most of them) have come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, those that have not, we pray for daily;
2) Friends….spectacular friends that God has brought into my life “for such a time as this”….each and every one has ministered to my heart and life over the years in times of need, whether it was emotional, spiritual, or physical. Hopefully, I have been a blessing to them as well;
3) Church….our Church is an awesome lighthouse for Christ! It is a very loving and spiritually growing church;
4) Health….I can see, walk, talk, think, hear, taste (which means eat…which means a lot), play, exercise (if I wanted to), drive (maybe not in the Nascar), I have two arms, two legs, ten fingers and toes, one head (mostly) and a heart full to overflowing with love for my Savior and Redeemer;
5) My job….I have to say, I truly love the people I work with. It is the job that fits me best. I believe we were put together by God who is in control of my life;
6) My home….there are many stories that could be told here. I am blessed to have a home to live in…among many things in my home, what I enjoy most is my patio —and I will be soooooo glad when the weather affords me to return to that restful place!
7) A Godly upbringing….I was taught by the actions of my mother how to live. How to put Christ first in my life. The importance of Church. The importance of showing and sharing Jesus. The importance of faithfulness, not only to God, but in every aspect of life; and
8) Last but not least, FORGIVENESS. I am overflowing with forgiveness, for I have been forgiven much. The blood of the Lamb has overflowed my life, causing me to be a new creation, white as snow. No longer am I bound by sin and the shame that sin causes. And I can forgive. I have forgiven. We are taught we must forgive, as we have been forgiven. Matthew 6:15 says, “But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
I am thankful that I am loved. I know this because Jesus says so!
“Lift up your heads, O gates! And be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle!” ~ Psalm 24:7-9 (ESV)
Visit Iris over at Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday Thoughts!