|My Mother’s Table -2008|
They counted down the days (of all the crazy things) to halloween—and are planning their countdown to Christmas—but hey!
WHAT ABOUT THANKSGIVING???
I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalm 26:6-7
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. Psalm 95:2
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, [and] into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name. Psalm 100:4 (all KJV)
Okay. I am trying to calm the severe hot flash that just overtook me. It just happens when I realize people are leaving OUT Thanksgiving.
There are so MANY things I have to be thankful for!
- A wonderful husband
- Precious children and grandchildren
- Incredible family
- The whispers of God in my heart
- Food in my pantry
- Dirty clothes to wash
- Shoes without holes
- Running water at the touch of a faucet
- Drinkable running water at the touch of a faucet (read the mission trip to Honduras)
- FRIENDS (past-present and future)
- SISTERS (in-laws included)
- BROTHERS (in-laws included)
- MUSIC–Worship songs–Praise songs–and jumpin’ up house cleaning songs! (those would be UP-BEAT)
- THE WORD (and the ability to read my Bible anytime-anywhere–not possible in many foreign Countries)
- SAVATION AND HOPE
- Answers to prayers
- GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT
- YOU the faithful reader–even though I’ve not written faithfully!
What are YOU thankful for?